Monday, August 16, 2010

No going back on Governor Uduaghan in 2011 – Okudolor






Chief Vincent Jackson Okudolor epitomizes what a grassroots politician should be, apart from exerting absolute control of his immediate community and ward, Chief Vincent Okudolor interfaces perfectly with people of Warri South I and II constituencies.

In this no bar interview with our Editor-in-Chief, Ebule Anthony, the Warri South II House of Assembly hopeful bare his mind on the chances of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan in the 2011 gubernatorial poll in Delta State as well as his resolve to lay claim to the Warri South Constituency II Seat in Delta State House of Assembly come 2011.

Excerpt:


You recently hosted a large gathering of PDP faithfuls and loyalists in your Ekurede Urhobo country home, what was it all about?

Thanks for that question! Let me use this medium to put the records straight. The purpose is to strengthen our familiarity and to show the world that all of us in Warri South, no matter the tribe and colour are one. It is also to remind our teeming followers and youths that it’s time to continue the fight that produced both Chief James Ibori as Governor and our incumbent Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan. If you would recall vividly, at the gathering, I told the cross section of Warri youths that by Uduaghan we stand no matter the odds and as far as I’m concerned it’s no going back on Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s return in 2011!

Let’s leave Dr. Uduaghan’s gubernatorial ambition and zero in on your House of Assembly aspiration. Do you really think you have a good chance, considering the caliber of other aspirants?

Well, I would rather not bother about other aspirants jostling for the Warri South Constituency II Seat. My focus is primarily on my aspiration which is people centered. You will agree with me that from what you saw when I hosted PDP faithfuls and loyalists at my residence, my popularity and acceptance is not in doubt. The fact that the new song of internal democracy which lays emphasis on one man, one vote will come to play in the party primaries give every aspirant equal opportunity to test his or her popularity no matter the status of that individual.

In-spite of your optimism, a lot of people out there believe that aspirants like you are not really serious in contesting, what’s your take on that?

We are in a free world, particularly in a democratic dispensation that we find ourselves, so every individual is entitled to their opinion. But I must note here that I have never been known to joke with anything I get involved in and it will be foolhardy for me to enjoy such popularity, spend so much money and time on my aspiration yet a few still see me as unserious.

I must however note here that in as much as my aspiration is well on course, I will humbly respect the decision of my party at the end of the primaries.

There are speculations that aspirants like you are being denied party registration, how true is that?

I don’t know where such speculations are coming from, but let me make it clear here that I am a well recognized PDP member with strong base, hence I will admonish all those spreading such rumour who I see as detractors to desist forthwith.

Why is it that all of you aspiring for different positions in the state are vying under the PDP platform?

Simple! There is no other political party in Delta State. Even all those claiming to be opposition are singing the PDP song, what that means is that there is no other party on ground in Delta State.




If given the mandate, what form of representation should the people of Warri South II Constituency expect from you?

Let me start by thanking you for that question. I will not like to bore you with long talk, but one confidence I have is that everyone in my constituency will be carried along if given the electoral mandate. My representation will be people centered, by this I mean that I will ensure regular consultation with people and all stakeholders of my constituency. Whatever bill I’ll sponsor in the floor of the House will not be my idea alone, but the collective will of people of Warri South II Constituency. Rather than encourage conflict with the executive, my representation will strive towards a workable synergy between the executive and the legislature that will bring about all round development to all ethnic groups in Delta State.

What’s your message to Deltans in general and people of Warri South II Constituency in particular?

Let’s continue to support the administration of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan and give him our vote in 2011 to enable him consolidate on the achievements so far recorded via his 3 point agenda. My sincere appeal to people of Warri South II Constituency is to always remain behind the governor and give me their mandate in both the PDP primaries and the election proper in 2011.

Thanks for your time

You are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment