Friday, August 13, 2010

Otu vows to instill professionalism



The Warri Bureau Chief of POINTER Newspaper, Dennis Otu has promised to lift the Warri Correspondents Chapel of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) to a greater height if elected as the Chairman in the August 27th, 2010 election.

Speaking to newsmen on his Chairmanship ambition, the Journalist said that; “I have decided to contest for the Warri Correspondents Chapel Chairmanship position as a result of my deep rooted love and interest for the Chapel. I am one man, who has passion for the Warri Chapel of N.U.J. and if elected as Chairman in the forth coming election with God on my side, I will make the welfare of members a top priority because I do not believe that Journalists should go cap in hand begging for good things of life. Journalists are the watchdogs of the society and under my leadership if elected, journalists will take their pride of place in the society and will be respected anywhere they go.”

According to him; “I know that the challenges ahead are enormous and I am up to the task. I promise to build on the legacy of the outgoing administration led by Com. Ben Dunno of Leadership Newspaper.” “I am not one Journalist that will use my position as a Chairman if elected as a meal ticket, rather if elected; I will use the position to give a better deal to Journalists so that they will have a sense of belonging,” he said.

Mr. Otu advised members that they should see the August 27th election as a family affair and not a do-or-die affair, adding that they should be orderly in their conduct so that a credible election can be held and also for our “politicians who are warming up for the 2011 elections to borrow a leaf from our Chapel’s election. Our election on August 27, 2010 should be something for our politicians to learn from because Journalists are the mirror, watchdogs and the eyes of the society.”

No comments:

Post a Comment